Selling photos on microstock websites is often a good way for beginner photographers to start earning some income.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- High Degree of Technical Expertise – ?Microstock sites are very strict about technical issues, so you will have to have the technical skills to meet their requirements.
- Supplemental Income – You may not be able to make a full-time income from microstock. ?Selling photos on microstock?sites is a volume business so each photo sells for a low price making it hard to make a full income from microstock alone until you have built up a considerable library of work that buyers want.
- Niche Photos – If you can specialize in a very specialized niche then you might be able to create a profitable market with you as the front runner.
- Keep it Traditional – The traditional image categories sell best: business, lifestyle, and food. ?If you can add your own style to the traditional subject matter you can get in on this top selling market
- Submit your photos – Get out there and take great photos — and submit them to Stock Photo Sites.?by doing this you will learn much about what they require and what works, which likely be very different from what your friends –who are not microstock buyers– will tell you is good.